Having beautiful, smooth skin using the fewest possible products is something many people would love—but is it possible? We’re not going to say that streamlining your skincare routine will get you the same results as a routine that’s more involved, but we do have tips on how to get flawless-looking skin from the fewest products. Get ready to sail through your morning and evening routines! And, when you have time to do more, we’ve got options there, too.
The secret to smoother skin involves products to address skin texture, tone, and softness. You don’t need more than three steps, morning and evening, to get beautiful skin. Here’s how you can have perfect skin—or at least pretty close to perfect—from a simple skincare routine.
The Morning Routine for Healthy Skin
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser appropriate for your skin type.
- Apply a leave-on AHA or BHA exfoliant. Learn why exfoliation is so transformative.
- Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater to face and neck.
These are the three most important steps when your goal is to use the fewest products and still get results. The routine above should take less than two minutes—and who doesn’t have a couple minutes each day to ensure their complexion is smoother, softer, and protected?
If you have more time: Consider applying an eye gel or eye cream after step 2, and then finish with sunscreen.
The Evening Routine
- Wash your face with the same cleanseryou use in the morning.
- Apply the same or a different AHA or BHA exfoliant, depending on your skin’s needs, or alternate between an AHA and BHA.
- Apply a facial moisturizer suitable for your skin type, being sure to apply to the neck, too.
If you have more time: Apply an eye cream or gel as described above, along with an antioxidant serum and booster product for enhanced results overnight. Apply the serum after step 2, followed by your booster and then moisturizer. It’s a few extra minutes at night, but the time spent giving your skin more attention will pay you back with visible results we think you’ll be thrilled with.